Monday, August 25, 2008

My baby is a Kindergartener!!!!

So today was an exciting day - the FIRST DAY of kindergarten!! Yesterday, we went shopping to find just the right outfit and shoes (my girl LOVES to shop!!) We found an adorable pink dress with a bubble skirt, dark pink, white & brown polka dots. She also picked out some sassy brown "high-heels" aka sandals.

She looked adorable and was ready to go. We had to wake her up for the day at about 7:35 am but she got up (without argument), ate breakfast, brushed her teeth, got dressed, got her backpack & lunch box together and off to school we went. We got to school around 8:30am and the bell rang for classes to begin at 8:45am. She was so excited to get to her classroom, get settled into her seat and for her day to begin. I did okay at the house this morning and all through the getting ready to go part - but when I gave my baby a hug & a kiss as I was getting ready to walk out; I lost it - I just started boo-hooing and did so all the way to the car.
Riley did GREAT - she barely noticed I had left the classroom. On one hand I'm sooo very excited for her and all the things she's going to get to do and learn this year, but on the other hand, I can't believe she's going to be in school for 35 hours a week. I wonder how this week is going to go for her; I imagine she is going to be one tired little cookie, but we shall see.
Here are a couple of the pics we took this morning...



















To all you mommies out there that had to say goodbye to your sweet babies today, I say hats off to a job well done and it's ok to cry (a lot!!!).

1 comment:

Colleen said...

Awwww!! What a big day! (for both of you) Too cute!