Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Thank you, Momma!!

Last night these 3 little words broke my heart. Riley woke up in the middle of the nigh and wanted me to turn her music on for her. For some reason lately, she's gotten into sleeping with this lullabies CD on. Anyhow, after I got the CD going, she whispered "Thank you, Momma" and I took just a minute to stop and look at this precious little girl. In a few weeks, she starts Kindergarten. As I sat there and looked at her, it really hit me just how little and innocent she is. My baby is going to KINDERGARTEN; 5 days a week, 7 hours a a day. All I can hope is that I did a good enough job with her over these past 5 years. It scares me to think that in just a few weeks - she's off to the world of public education. I know she's going to do GREAT, but a little part of me is just overwhelmed with sadness that these 5 years have just flown by and my baby is not a baby anymore.

I'm sure most moms go through this, but for some reason I feel like I'm having an extra hard time with it - especially as K-day - August 25th looms closer and closer and closer.....................

1 comment:

zoeymnstr said...

She's starting school already? I cannot believe that! Luckily, I am just going to sew Eli to my body so he can never leave me so I won't have to go through that=)